Fall, the season of crisp air and changing leaves!
(Well, not so much in the Valley of AZ), but you can certainly take a drive up north and enjoy the cooler weather and feel of fall!
There are plenty of outdoor activities you can
do with your pets in cooler fall weather, taking advantage of these seasonal activities you can’t enjoy any other time!
Here are just a few fun ideas so you can enjoy the fall weather with your pets!
1. Apple Picking: Fall means apple picking time! Many orchards allow you to bring your
pets, but be sure to double-check before you head out to one. This is a great activity for
the whole family! One local favorite is Apple Annies: www.AppleAnnies.com
2. Pumpkin Picking: Many pumpkin patches have farm animals, and many also allow you
to bring your own pets. Check around to see which ones might be dog friendly!
3. Halloween: What’s Halloween without being able to dress up our pets and include them
in the shenanigans? Pick a fun costume for your pet, let your pet help with passing out
candy, or even take your pet out trick or treating—just make sure they don’t eat any of
4. Oktoberfest: Just because your pets can’t drink beer with you, doesn’t mean they can’t
still enjoy a polka or costume parade and contest!
5. Mini vacation or road trip: Fall tends to be low season for travel, so look up pet-friendly
hotels and take a weekender somewhere fun. We love Prescott at the Square, or even Sedona!
6. Go for a hike: Okay, we know you can do this all year round, but there’s nothing like a
nice hike and taking in the fall foliage, especially if you live somewhere where fall colors
paint the sky gold.
7. Play in a giant pile of leaves: Who doesn’t love this? Your pups, cats, piglets will love a
good dive into a pile of leaves!
Fall weather is perfect for enjoying a plethora of activities outdoors with your pets, because it’s
not scorching hot anymore, nor is it too cold yet. So, grab your favorite new sweater and head
out for some fall fun!
*Don’t forget to book your pet care if you just want to get away and don’t have a dog friendly spot or have other fur-babies such as cats or small animals that need care~ Traveling? Check out these tips for preparing your pets for their sitter.
Pawfect Pet & House Sitter