How Pawfect Pet & House Sitter is Keeping You, Your Fur-babies, and Our Staff Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic
By now, we are all well aware of the potential risks that the Coronavirus poses within our community.
Still, you may be wondering if you can use a dog walker or pet services safely during these times.
Will you be able to find pet care when you are an essential worker?
Is it okay to hire a dog walker even though I’m working from home?
The answer to all of those questions is, yes! As a pet sitting service, Pawfect Pet Sitter is still up and running to help care for your fur-babies.
Since we are still open and running services, Pawfect Pet Sitter is also taking special precautions to make sure our sitters and clients stay healthy and safe.
Social Distancing and Your Pet Care
The best way to limit the spread of COVID-19 is to limit the spread of germs through hand washing, and good hygiene practices, and staying home when sick. So, how can you do that when hiring a pet sitter or walker?
How Pawfect Visits Have Changed and How it Impacts Pet Visits or Care:
- We are still taking our dog boarding/daycare guests as usual and encourage people to continue to get out of their homes for fresh air, outdoors, and travel while still practicing good hygiene as we all should.
- We want to continue helping those in need, such as workers in the healthcare industry, retail, or other essential industries, including the elderly that need help with their pets, and offer Pet Taxi to those that are unable to leave their home for any reason ~ we can simply pick your pup up for a playdate/doggy daycare and bring them back when the day has ended.
- We understand that if you are working from home, your dogs still need exercise during the day. We can take your dog for their walks to keep you focused on your job. This can help minimize the distraction of your pup begging you for attention.
- We have always practiced good health & hygiene, making sure our sitters wash their hands before and after each visit, wear a mask upon request when entering your home, and staying home if they are sick or have a fever. To continue the practice of social distancing, we are also able to pick up your dog from your backyard or garage so we do not have to enter your home. If you do not have a yard or garage, we ask that you leave the leash and other supplies near the front door for easy access.
- If you’re home, no worries! We can pick your pup up from your front door without you coming to greet us. We will just simply text you when we arrive so you know to have your pup and their leash/harness ready for us.
Health Measures Implemented to Keep Our Sitters and Clients Safe
Although Pawfect already had standard health and safety procedures to follow during pet visits, our sitters have all been asked to follow these additional guidelines laid out below.
- Wash hands frequently, before and after each visit.
- Use disinfectant wipes and/or spray on all door knobs, kennels, leashes/harnesses, and other areas that are touched before and after each visit.
- Use our own leashes, if possible
- Wear protective gloves when necessary at each visit
- Wear a mask upon request for meet & greets and entering our clients home.
- Use hand sanitizer in vehicles before and after each visit, even after washing hands
- Continue practicing social distancing to and from client visits and outside of work hours
- Notify admin right away if they are not feeling well, have cold symptoms or a fever and are required to stay home.
The safety of our clients and our staff is our number one priority. We want to support you and your fur babies during this time. So, thank you for choosing Pawfect Pet Sitter as your trusted pet sitting service!
If there are any suggestions or safety concerns, you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Pawfect Pet & House Sitter ~